- Client: Fulton Hogan Limited
- Consultant: Fulton Hogan Ltd
- Time Frame: 20 Weeks
This project was an interesting location, with it being on the converging borders of three Road Controlling Authority’s ( RCA’s)
A Transrail track ran on the edge of the project as well
Main body of work consisted of mining insitu gravels from site and building the platform for the new Roundabout.
This was in places up to 2.4 meters of fill material, tested in 250mm layers, spread over an area of 10,000M3
We also built 800LM of 3m x 9m soil and gravel bunds, keeping the earthworks team busy, doing something different.
- Earthworks: Fill to bund areas: 14,100 M3, 800LM of 3m x 9m soil and gravel bunds,
- Roading and Footpaths: Asphalt: 8200M2 installed at 140mm depth, with 50mm SMA, Concrete: 1189M2 of coloured concrete installed into the islands. Kerb and Channel: 1820LM
- Landscaping: Grass areas: 23,456M3
- Subcontractors: Corde Traffic, North Canterbury Rutbusters, Asphalt Contractors, Fulton Hogan.
- Survey & Testing: There were over 1300 NDM test taken, with many plateau tests and beam test’s conducted.
- Innovations: Gravels excavated and installed into the Roundabout area: 21,472 M3.
- Challenges: Were negotiating with the three RCA’s, around road closures and Transrail